Art Is a Way of Knowing: A Guide to Self-Knowledge and Spiritual Fulfillment Through Creativity (Paperback)
A Guide to Self-Knowledge and Spiritual Fulfillment Through Creativity
Shambhala, 9781570620782, 204pp.
Publication Date: April 11, 1995
- Recognize patterns and themes in one's life
- Identify and release painful memories
- Combine journaling and image making
- Practice the ancient skill of active imagination
- Connect with others through sharing one's art works Interwoven with this guidance is the intimate story of the author's own journey as a student, art therapist, teacher, wife, mother, and artist--and, most of all, as a woman who discovered a profound and healing connection with her soul through making art.
About the Author
Praise For Art Is a Way of Knowing: A Guide to Self-Knowledge and Spiritual Fulfillment Through Creativity…
"Allen has produced a wonderful book for anyone, artistic or not, who is interested in using art to know more about himself or herself."—Elizabeth Caulfield Felt, Washington State University, Pullman, Library Journal
"Art Is A Way of Knowing has a practical, hands on, and experiential feel to it. It is like a guide book or a manual for those interested in self-exploration through creative activity. Allen persistently invites the reader to join her. I found her to be an encouraging and competent guide."—American Journal of Art Therapy
"Finally, a self-help book that is true to the passionate and turbulent movements of the soul in the process of creation."—Shaun McNiff, Ph.D., author of Art as Medicine