Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language & Charisma
* Individual store prices may vary.
From business meetings to social events to first dates to job interviews, we all encounter new people every day. Our ability to read body cues and convey the right first impression drives the success and quality of our personal and professional lives. Body language expert Patti Wood, a sought-after consultant and speaker to Fortune 500 companies, helps businesses and individuals stand out, create profitable relationships, and thrive in competitive circumstances. Now she brings that knowledge to our daily lives, offering practical and proven guidance on accurately interpreting body cues and creating impressions both in person and digitally. In Snap
, you'll learn how to:
* Use your voice and body language to convey confidence and charisma, authenticity and authority
* Immediately discern people's hidden agendas
* Make the best impressions via email, phone, video conferencing, and social networks
* Convey and interpret signals of likability, power, credibility, and attractiveness
* Use nonverbal tools to spot true integrity or recognize charming frauds
* Attract the best matches in business and romantic partners
* Recognize how you really
look to others.
Praise For Snap: Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language & Charisma…
Snap gives incredible new insight into the most important language in the world.”
Leil Lowndes, author of the bestselling How to Talk to Anyone
If making a great first impression is critical to your success, then you’ll find Snap a must-read manual.”
Mark Bowden, author of Winning Body Language
Writing with a wide range of lucid observations and insights, Wood offers a valuable addition to the many studies of human behavior.”
New World Library, 9781577319399, 267pp.
Publication Date: October 9, 2012
About the Author
Credited in the New York Times with bringing body language to the national consciousness, Patti Wood, MA, researches and consults on first impressions, body language, and nonverbal communication. She speaks to Fortune 500 companies, national associations, judges, and law-enforcement officials and appears regularly on television, including CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox News and Fox Business Network, and PBS.