Positive Parenting: Raising Healthy Children from Birth to Three Years (Paperback)
Raising Healthy Children from Birth to Three Years
Hatherleigh Press, 9781578262526, 268pp.
Publication Date: October 9, 2007
It takes more than common sense to raise a healthy, happy and bright child. The first three years of life are crucial to a child's proper development. With the right information and advice, parents can help to assure their child's future success and happiness. This unique and easy-to-follow book teaches parents how they can encourage their young child's physical, emotional, and intellectual development--from infancy to their third birthday.
"Positive Parenting," the classic parenting book, returns with new and revised material ready to guide the next generation of parents. With practical, positive information, including detailed charts with a wealth of information about growth and development at every stage, Dr. Alvin Eden will help improve your child's chances of achieving his or her full potential.
With "Positive Parenting," you can learn:
- How to help your child learn how to solve problems
- What effect a mother's return to work will have on development
- How to help your baby sleep throughout the night
- What you can do to prevent obesity and SIDS
- How to build your baby's self-esteem, IQ, self-confidence, and more
New and revised material includes controversial topics like:
- The importance of iron intake to combat lead poisoning
- The controversy over vaccines and the misuse of antibiotics
- The effects of video games and other "educational" toys on development
This time-honored classic has been acclaimed by parents, pediatricians and parenting experts. Now thoroughly revised and updated, "Positive Parenting" will assist a new generation of parents everywhere to raise happy and healthy children ready to reach their full emotional, physical, and intellectual potential.
About the Author
Praise For Positive Parenting: Raising Healthy Children from Birth to Three Years…
"...a must-have book for every parent's night table."
-David Katzner, President, The National Parenting Center
"Even experienced parents will benefit from the wisdom and balance Dr. Eden provides."
-Julia McMillan, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics, John Hopkins School of Medicine