The Young Man and the Sea
Recipes & Crispy Fish Tales
List Price: 35.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
Seafood genius Dave Pasternack achieved national fame in 2000, when he served his first plate of pristine raw fish sprinkled with crunchy sea salt and fresh citrus juice, adding the word crudo—Italian-style sushi—to the American culinary lexicon. And here is his much anticipated first book, a celebration of the fresh flavors of the sea, Italian-style, featuring:
- A full chapter on crudo such as Albacore with Caperberries, Nantucket Bay Scallops with Lemon and Chervil, and Two-Minute Cherrystone Clam Cerviche
- Groundbreaking pastas like Dave's brilliant invention Rigatoni with Tuna Bolognese, the definitive Linguine with Clams, Pancetta, and Red Pepper Flakes, the luxurious Spaghetti with Lobster and Chiles, and the ultrasimple Fettucine with Rock Shrimp, Corn, and Jalapeño.
- Salads such as Grilled Tuna with Artichokes, soups like Zuppa di Pesce Amalfitano, and starters that include Grilled Sardines with Caponata.
- Gills on the grill—Sicilian-Style Swordfish, Tuna on a Plank, and Salmon with Figs, Saba, and Watercress
- Pan-fried favorites like Monkfish with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms and Chestnuts, and regal roasts such as Pan-Roasted Cod with Spinach and Clementines
- The crispiest Fritto Misto or Steamers with Caper-Tarragon Aioli
- Tantalizing shellfish such as Fried Soft-Shell Crabs with Ramps or Baked Clams with Italian-Style Bread Crumbs and Horseradish
Praise For The Young Man and the Sea: Recipes & Crispy Fish Tales…
"Dave Pasternack is a fisherman, and his reverence for seafood shows in everything that comes from his kitchen. On occasion, the food actually makes me vibrate with pleasure."—Ruth Reichl, in Gourmet
Artisan, 9781579652760, 272pp.
Publication Date: May 16, 2007
About the Author
David Pasternack is the chef of the seafood mecca Esca in New York City, which he opened in 2000; previously he'd worked in the kitchens at Bouley and Picholine, among other top-flight restaurants. He has appeared on Good Morning America, Today, CBS This Morning, Martha, and other national media. The Young Man and the Sea is his first book.
Ed Levine is a frequent contributor to The New York Times and SeriousEats.com, a web site for passionate eaters. He is also the author of Pizza: A Slice of Heaven, New York Eats, and New York Eats (More).
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase