Design*Sponge at Home
The long-awaited home décor bible by the beloved design blogger
“Thank you,” wrote a reader to Design*Sponge creator Grace Bonney, “for teaching me that houses don’t have to be frumpy and formal. They don’t have to be matchy-matchy or rigidly modern.” They can just be comfy and unique and reflect who you are, no matter how small your budget or space.
That reader is one of the 75,000 unique daily visitors to Design*Sponge, who make it the most popular design site on the web. The site receives 250,000 pageviews every day and has 150,000 RSS subscribers and 280,000 followers on Twitter. Design*Sponge fans have been yearning for the ultimate design manual from their guru, Grace, and she has finally delivered with this definitive guide, which includes:
• Home tours of 70 real-life interiors featuring artists and designers
• Fifty DIY projects, with detailed instructions for personalizing your space
• Step-by-step tutorials on everything from stripping and painting furniture to hanging wallpaper and doing your own upholstery
• Fifty Before & After makeovers submitted by readers of Design*Sponge—real people with limited time and realistic budgets
• Essential tips on modern flower arranging, with 20 arrangements
With over 700 color photos and illustrations and projects that are customizable, relatable, and affordable, this is the democratizing design book everyone has been waiting for—and all for only $35.00!
Praise For Design*Sponge at Home…
“If you’re not already a fan of designsponge.com, Grace Bonney’s style-saturated website, you’ll fall in love with her book.”
—Better Homes & Gardens
“Bonney’s book is a ‘how-to’ guide for great design. Not only is it beautiful to look at, there are tons of design ideas on every page.”
“Part beauty, part inspiration, part resource, Bonney’s book . . . serves as both a wonderful coffee table tome to page through and a resource to guide you through a variety of home decor projects.”
“Chic cleverness, in book form. . . . Accessible decor inspiration.”
—Dallas Morning News
“A one-stop book for inspiration and practical guidance.”
—Cleveland Plain Dealer
Artisan, 9781579654313, 400pp.
Publication Date: September 6, 2011