Naked, Drunk, and Writing: Shed Your Inhibitions and Craft a Compelling Memoir or Personal Essay (Paperback)
Shed Your Inhibitions and Craft a Compelling Memoir or Personal Essay
Ten Speed Press, 9781580084802, 248pp.
Publication Date: August 31, 2010
Enter Adair Lara: award-winning author, seasoned columnist, beloved writing coach, and the answer to all of your autobiographical quandaries.
Naked, Drunk, and Writing is the culmination of Lara's vast experience as a writer, editor, and teacher. It is packed with insights and advice both practical (-writing workshops you pay for are the best--it's too easy to quit when you've made no investment-) and irreverent (-apply Part A butt] to Part B chair]-), answering such important questions as:
- How do I know where to start my piece and where to end it?
- How do I make myself write when I'm too scared or lazy or busy?
- What makes a good pitch letter, and how do I get mine noticed?
- I'm ready to publish--now where do I find an agent?
- If I show my manuscript to my mother, will I ever be invited to a family gathering again?
As thorough and instructive as a personal writing coach (and cheaper, too), Naked, Drunk, and Writing is a must-have if you are an aspiring columnist, essayist, or memoirist--or just a writer who needs a bit of help in getting your story told.
About the Author
Praise For Naked, Drunk, and Writing: Shed Your Inhibitions and Craft a Compelling Memoir or Personal Essay…
“Very savvy and smart and hugely entertaining.”
--ANNE LAMOTT, author of Bird by Bird