Get Known Before the Book Deal: Use Your Personal Strengths to Grow an Author Platform (Paperback)
Use Your Personal Strengths to Grow an Author Platform
Writer's Digest Books, 9781582975542, 263pp.
Publication Date: November 1, 2008
Before you can land a book deal--before you can even attract the interest of agents and editors--you need to be visible. How do you become visible? You develop a platform, or a way of reaching your readers. Everybody can develop a platform, and this book shows you how to do it while you're still writing.
This book offers:
- A step-by-step approach to creating, growing, and nurturing a platform
- An economical approach to self-promotion (no need to spend thousands)
- A clear way to uncover your strengths and weaknesses as an author
- The strategies that are essential (or not) to online promotion
- A philosophy of authorship that leaves you confident, empowered, and equally partnered with agents, editors, and publishers (instead of waiting to be discovered)
- A diverse set of tools and methods for getting known (not just web-based tools or ideas for extroverts)
Growing a writing career isn't just about landing one book deal and then scrambling like crazy. There is a more strategic and steady way to lay the groundwork so you can avoid scrambling altogether--and "Get Known Before the Book Deal" is the only comprehensive book that shows you how.
About the Author