The Writing & Critique Group Survival Guide
How to Give and Receive Feedback, Self-Edit, and Make Revisions
Trying to Finish Your Book? There's Strength in Numbers
Whether you're trying to revise your novel or polish up an article to pitch to magazines, it pays to have a few sets of eyes look over your work. But, how can you be sure you're getting an unbiased and objective opinion?
A writing critique group may be the answer you're looking for, and this book arms you with everything you need to find a group that suits your specific writing needs. Whether you're looking to join an existing group or start one of your own, you'll learn how to:
- Find compatible critique partners
- Develop your editor's eye and analyze writing like a professional
- Construct organized and well thought-out critiques
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Run efficient critique meetings and maintain a good group dynamic
- Apply the feedback you receive to your own writing and make revisions
Writer's Digest Books, 9781582976068, 297pp.
Publication Date: January 15, 2010