Raising a Daughter: Parents and the Awakening of a Healthy Woman (Paperback)
Parents and the Awakening of a Healthy Woman
Celestial Arts, 9781587611766, 432pp.
Publication Date: January 13, 2003
- emotional effects of physical changes
- moodiness, eating disorders, and depression
- the consequences of early sexuality
- the gender gap between girls and boys
- new research on ADD and ADHD in girls
- daughters and single parenting Raising A Daughter guides parents through each stage of a girl's development, from infant to toddler, through middle childhood, the teen years, and on into early adulthood. A bestseller since 1994, this newly revised classic offers a practical exploration of what it means to have a daughter, and a compassionate study of what it means to be a woman coming of age in today's world.
About the Author
Praise For Raising a Daughter: Parents and the Awakening of a Healthy Woman…
“It’s here! A girl-specific psychology for raising healthy daughters.”
—John Gray, author of Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus