Cat Lady Embroidery (Paperback)
380 Ways to Stitch a Cat
Quarry Books, 9781589239647, 120pp.
Publication Date: July 3, 2018
From kitty corners and borders to classic felines and festive holiday cats, Cat Lady Embroidery has a cat to embroider for every occasion. With an overview of tools and materials, instructions on getting started, a thread conversion chart, and a step-by-step review of the 15 basic embroidery stitches used, this book is perfect for embroiderers of all skill levels.
Created by a group of amazingly talented artists, this collection contains a variety of different embroidery styles, so there are folk art–inspired cats, cartoon-style cats, trendy cat-themed patches, and realistic pet portrait-style motifs. There’s even a project inspiration gallery showcasing wonderful ways to use these motifs—maybe you’ll be inspired to embroider a cat peeking out from a shirt pocket or smiling up at you from a pair of slippers.Inspire your inner cat lady with these and more original designs:
- Breed-specific feline faces
- Stretching, sleeping, hiding, eating, and playing cats
- Mummy, vampire, and witch cats for Halloween
- Santa, reindeer, and angel cats for Christmas
- Sailor, baker, musician, and other dressed-up cats
- Cat alphabets in three different styles
- Cats with plants and flowers
About the Author
Applemints, a publisher based in Tokyo, Japan, is well known for their craft titles.