The Places That Scare You
A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
Digital Audiobook (12/25/2017)
Mass Market Paperback (3/27/2007)
We always have a choice, Pema Chodron teaches: We can let the circumstances of our lives harden us and make us increasingly resentful and afraid--or we can let them soften us and make us kinder. Here Pema provides the tools to deal with the difficulties that life throws our way so we can:
- wholeheartedly accept ourselves and others, complete with imperfections
- stay in the present moment by seeing through strategies that cause us to resist life as it is
- tap into our natural reservoirs of humor, flexibility, courage, and wisdom
- courageously move toward what makes us feel insecure in a way that opens our heart and connects us with others
4 CDs, 4 1/2 hours, unabridged.
Praise For The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times…
“A lively and accessible take on ancient techniques for transforming terror and pain into joy and compassion.”—O: The Oprah Magazine
“Pema Chödrön’s voice is gently humorous, always kind, and seemingly infinitely wise.”—LA Times
Shambhala Audio, 9781590305850
Publication Date: July 1, 2008
About the Author
Pema Chodron is an American Buddhist nun in the lineage of Chogyam Trungpa. She is resident teacher at Gampo Abbey in Nova Scotia, the first Tibetan monastery in North America established for Westerners. She is the author of many books and audiobooks, including the best-selling When Things Fall Apart and Don't Bite the Hook.