The Best Buddhist Writing 2011 (Paperback)
Shambhala, 9781590309339, 336pp.
Publication Date: September 20, 2011
- Joanna Macy on the First Noble Truth and healing from the legacy of Chernobyl
- Brian Haycock's taxi ride on the Dharma Road
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama's manifesto on tolerance
- Dzogchen Ponlop on the rebel buddha inside you
- An adoption love story by Leza Lowitz
- Ira Sukrungruang's humorous meditation on death
- Elizabeth Mattis-Namgyel on finding the courage to live in reality as it is
- Susan Piver on the wisdom of a broken heart
- Thich Nhat Hanh on healing the wounded child within
- Matthieu Ricard's answer to the question: why meditate?
- Rick Bass on the lessons of the Gulf oil spill
- Pico Iyer's insider's look at the heart of the Dalai Lama
- And much more.
Praise For The Best Buddhist Writing 2011…
“It’s the juxtaposition of overtly religious essays against explorations of everyday life that makes this volume such captivating reading.”—Booklist
“Sit with it patiently and without expectation, and great things will emerge.”—Yoga International