Baby Food Universe
Raise Adventurous Eaters with a Whole World of Flavorful Purees and Toddler Foods
Cultivate adventurous eaters right from the start, when your baby begins eating solid food, with some help from Baby Food Universe. This guide is filled with instruction, timelines, recipes and more.
Starting your baby on solids is such an exciting time. But where do you begin? Are some foods better to start with than others? Is it easy to make yourself? And when can you start combining different foods to develop your baby’s palette?
Learn all of that and more with Baby Food Universe. Author and mom Kawn Al-Jabbouri, founder of the widely popular Instagram account of the same name (@babyfooduniverse) will walk you through everything you need to know for feeding your babyin the first year and beyond, including:
- All the basics: equipment, cooking methods, how to get started
- What foods to introduce when—including charts and timelines
- Recipes for 1-, 2-, and 3-ingredient purées for those first months of weaning
- Recipes for textured meals and toddler foods full of flavor (including ingredients such as healthy fats, gentle spices, and more)
- Step-by-step photos so you can make recipes at a glance
- Information on baby-led weaning and how to follow whatever method works best for you
- Tips and advice fromregistered dietitianGemma Bischoff
- Suggestions on how to overcome fussy eating and cultivate a lifetime love of new and different foods
Up, up, and away with Baby Food Universe—a world of flavor and fun awaits!
Fair Winds Press, 9781592337477, 192pp.
Publication Date: October 3, 2017
About the Author
Kawn Al-jabbouri runs the hugely popular Instagram account @babyfooduniverse and website www.kidsfooduniverse.com, where she posts healthy baby food and toddler food recipe ideas. She lives in Denmark.
Gemma Bischoff, R.D. is a dietitian, recipe developer, and mom of twin boys. She runs the website www.dietitianadvice.ch and has served as a nutrition consultant on the television series BBC Fat Nation, as well as working in hospitals and health clubs. She currently lives and works in Switzerland as a health consultant.