The Real Food Grocery Guide (Paperback)
Navigate the Grocery Store, Ditch Artificial and Unsafe Ingredients, Bust Nutritional Myths, and Select the Healthiest
Fair Winds Press (MA), 9781592337552, 272pp.
Publication Date: June 1, 2017
Understand food labels and cut through myths, hype, and misleading information on "healthy" food choices. Make the best choices with The Real Food Grocery Guide.
The Real Food Grocery Guide helps you navigate every aisle of the grocery store by clearly outlining what foods are truly the healthiest, the freshest, and the most economical (and which ones belong in the garbage rather than your grocery cart )
Now you won't have to question whether fat-free or gluten-free is healthier, what food labels hidden meanings are, or if organic vegetables and grass-fed meat is worth the extra cost.
The Real Food Grocery Guide is the most comprehensive and actionable guide to grocery shopping and healthy eating ever with advice on:
- What to eat for health, balanced weight, and longevity
- How to shop to save a significant amount of time and money
- How to decipher food "buzz words" (like natural, grass-fed, wild, organic, gluten-free, etc.): know which to buy and which to leave on the shelf
- How to select the most nutritious and delicious produce, every time (no more getting home with brown avocados or tasteless melon
- Why the quality of animal-products-such as meat, fish, eggs, and dairy-is crucial--and how to choose the healthiest kinds
- How to store fresh food properly so it doesn't spoil too quickly
- Why calorie counting is futile - and what you should look for instead to determine the healthiness of any food
- How to decipher what a food label is really saying
- How to avoid being duped by sneaky food industry claims and choose the best packaged products every time