Bean Sprouts Kitchen
Simple and Creative Recipes to Spark Kids' Appetites for Healthy Food
Perfect for picky and adventurous eaters alike, Bean Sprouts Kitchen shares simple, smile-worthy ideas for dishes packed with protein, fruits, and veggies, including:
- Grilledzilla: healthy and goofy grilled cheese
- Crocamole: “croc” pot of avocado hummus and veggie dippers
- Spaceadilla: quesadilla propelled by pepper flames and jicama stars
- Do-Re-For-Me: musical munchie that won “Best Kids’ Meal in the U.S.” (Nat’l. Rest. Assoc.)
- Broctopus: broccoli-based veggie tot with eight veggie tot legs
- Daredeviled Eggs: deviled eggs with kale chip capes
- Dino S’mores: wholesome dino grahams with chocolate tarpits and fruity fillings
- Clean Ingredients: All recipes adhere to quality ingredient guidelines. In short: no artificial anything—no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
- Allergy-friendly Options: Bean Sprouts is known for its allergy-friendly approach. The recipes in Bean Sprouts Kitchen can accommodate nearly every dietary need, with ingredient alternatives and flexible recipes.
- Kid and Parent-approved: Bean Sprouts Kitchen features recipe themes around what kids love—from race cars and pets to building blocks and tutus—with healthy ingredients that make parents happy. Additional recipes are inspired by Bean Sprouts’ family destination locations (amusement parks, science centers, etc.)— from edible Roller Toasters to UFOats energy balls.
- Child Involvement: Shannon and Kelly know that getting kids to try new tastes and eat healthy foods can be tricky and frustrating. But studies have shown that the more playful an item and the more hands-on children can be in the food prep process, the more likely they are to try something new. The book’s recipes are simple enough for children to join in the prep.
Praise For Bean Sprouts Kitchen: Simple and Creative Recipes to Spark Kids' Appetites for Healthy Food…
“A fresh and creative approach to making mealtimes fun, tasty, guilt-free, and healthy!”
--Gale Gand, renowned chef, television star, Top Chef judge, and mom
Fair Winds Press, 9781592338498, 144pp.
Publication Date: November 6, 2018
About the Author
Shannon “Peacasso” Seip is the co-founder of Bean Sprouts, a hip and healthy café chain that focuses on families. She is the co-author of Bean Appétit: Hip & Healthy Ways to have Fun with Food (Andrews McMeel, 2010) which was named one of the Top 10 Kids’ Cookbooks by iVillage (now today.com) and has been featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America, and in nearly every major parenting publication and site. With years of experience as a morning show television anchor and writer for American Girl magazine, Shannon has written several books, including two for American Girl and was a top-ranked contributing editor of NickMom/Nickelodeon, both online and on the air. Shannon is originally from the Bay Area and now lives in Madison, Wisconsin.
Kelly “Pea Brain” Parthen is the co-founder of Bean Sprouts, a hip and healthy café chain that focuses on families. She is the co-author of Bean Appétit: Hip & Healthy Ways to have Fun with Food (Andrews McMeel, 2010) which was named one of the Top 10 Kids’ Cookbooks by iVillage (now today.com) and has been featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America, and in nearly every major parenting publication and site. Green Bay, Wisconsin, is Kelly’s hometown, and she now lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Shannon and Kelly are touted as experts in making healthy food fun and have been recognized multiple times as one of the “Top 100 Movers and Shakers” in the restaurant industry. They visited the White House to meet with Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! team to discuss Bean Sprouts’ role as an innovative leader in the food service industry. Shannon and Kelly are featured speakers at major industry conferences from Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) and Association of Science & Technology Centers (ASTC) to Fast Casual Executive Summit and International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions (IAAPA).
By planting their cafés in high-profile family destinations (like museums, science centers, zoos, and tourist attractions), Bean Sprouts is in front of more than 8 million visitors annually.
National praise for Bean Sprouts:
“Even your picky eater will love this cute food.” —Parenting
“Bean Sprouts is a parent’s paradise.” —Fast Casual Top 100 Movers & Shakers
“Replace ho-hum snacks with fun to eat (and make) treats.” —FamilyFun
“So bright and colorful you’ll have kids running to the table.” —Good Morning America
“…a hip café devoted entirely to kids.” —Everyday with Rachael Ray
“. . . ways to get your child excited about nutrition.” —Working Mother
“ . . . focusing on healthy eating for children.” —New York Times
2018 Best Wellness Concept —Food Management Magazine
“Their kid-friendly concept is not only whimsical and healthy but inclusive of children with food allergies and celiac disease.” —Allertrain’s Best Food Allergy Innovation Award
Bean our guest and visit beansprouts.com for more.