Back RX (Paperback)
A 15-Minute-a-Day Yoga- and Pilates-Based Program to End Low Back Pain Fully Updated and Revised
Avery, 9781592400454, 256pp.
Publication Date: February 9, 2004
Other Editions of This Title:
DVD video (6/1/2011)
Dr. Vijay Vad’s Back Rx program has helped readers with back pain, joint pain, arthritis, and related conditions for decades, using a clinically proven mind-body regimen to reduce pain and painkiller usage. In this expanded edition, Dr. Vad explores the extraordinary innovations in managing pain to restore health and wellness not only to your back, but to your entire body.
In addition to the stretches that are the touchstone of the program, Back Rx includes new information on
• The best overall eating regimen for back pain sufferers, including new guidance on the science of Intermittent Fasting (IF).
• Exercise, including high-intensity interval training (HIIT).
• The use of medical marijuana and CBD oil (cannabidiol) to relieve back pain.
• The safest way to use over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs, such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Developments in ergonomics, from furniture to clothes.
• An assessment of the future of back pain relief, including the latest advances in stem cell treatment and electronic stimulation.
• Introduction of the Back Rx app, a powerful self-help tool to enhance compliance and end your pain once and for all.
Including dozens of exercises and poses, all clearly demonstrated in precise photos, Back Rx will put the power to relieve back pain in your hands.
About the Author
Peter Occhiogrosso has been the author or coauthor of more than twenty books on subjects ranging from spirituality to world religions to pain relief, three of which have become New York Times bestsellers. He previously collaborated with Dr. Van on the books Arthritis Rx and Stop Pain.
Praise For Back RX: A 15-Minute-a-Day Yoga- and Pilates-Based Program to End Low Back Pain Fully Updated and Revised…
“[Dr. Vad’s] holistic approach can work for anyone willing to put in just a little time and positive thought.” Ellen Barkin
“[His] innovative research on the professional tennis and golf tours and the practicality of Back Rx make it suitable for professional athletes and weekend warriors, as well as couch potatoes.” Bill Norris, athletic trainer, Association of Tennis Professionals Circuit
“Back Rx has been medically proven to have significant positive effect on low back pain caused by disc pathology.” Don Aspergen, Sports Medicine Division, the PGA Tour and Senior PGA Tour