The Mobile Wave: How Mobile Intelligence Will Change Everything (Hardcover)
How Mobile Intelligence Will Change Everything
Vanguard Press, 9781593157203, 281pp.
Publication Date: June 26, 2012
In the tradition of international bestsellers, Future Shock and Megatrends, Michael J. Saylor, CEO of MicroStrategy, brings The Mobile Wave, a ground-breaking analysis of the impact of mobile intelligence—the fifth wave of computer technology.
The Mobile Wave argues that the changes brought by mobile computing are so big and widespread that it’s impossible for us to see it all, even though we are all immersed in it. Saylor explains that the current generation of mobile smart phones and tablet computers has set the stage to become the universal computing platform for the world. In the hands of billions of people and accessible anywhere and anytime, mobile computers are poised to become an appendage of the human being and an essential tool for modern life.
With the perspective of a historian, the precision of a technologist, and the pragmatism of a CEO, Saylor provides a panoramic view of the future mobile world. He describes how:
- A Harvard education will be available to anyone with the touch of a screen.
- Cash will become virtual software and crime proof.
- Cars, homes, fruit, animals, and more will be “tagged” so they can tell you about themselves.
- Buying an item will be as easy as pointing our mobile device to scan and pay.
- Land and capital will become more of a liability than an asset.
- Social mobile media will push all businesses to think and act like software companies.
- Employment will shift as more service-oriented jobs are automated by mobile software.
About the Author
Praise For The Mobile Wave: How Mobile Intelligence Will Change Everything…
“The visionary picture he paints of the future is captivating, informative, and thought-provoking. The MIT-educated Saylor exhibits a deep knowledge of the mobile world, and gives readers a peek free of boring geek-speak. Readers will be able understand and appreciate his clear and engaging exploration of a complex, red-hot, and thoroughly up-to-the minute topic.”
"It is a thoughtful romp across invention and innovation -- and blessedly free of MicroStrategy sales pitches."
"In The Mobile Wave his vision is clear—we face a future in which paper, devices such as phones, credit cards and cash, entertainment venues, doctor’s office visits, and even the classroom will be obsolete, or nearly so. He wants everyone on the bandwagon, from toddlers to grandparents."