The Perfect Resume
Resumes That Work in the New Economy
Other Editions of This Title:
This is the follow-on book to the author's "Get a Job!" book (Fall 2013), and is the first in a series of books written by Dan Quillen. Once again, Quillen calls on his expertise as an HR professional (and as one who lost and found a job in the toughest economic environment since the Great Depression) to help his readers understand the New Economy, and how to find work when many cannot. "The Perfect Resume" focuses on that most important tool in the job hunter's quiver -- the resume. Quillen walks his readers through the technical aspects of resume writing, but also helps them understand the tricks of the resume-writing trade. He teaches readers how to write resumes that end up in the hands of hiring managers, not screened by gatekeepers and deposited in the recycle bin. Topics covered:
• The current economic environment
• You lost your job -- what do you do now?!
• The importance of a resume
• The mechanics of resume writing
• Three types of resumes and their uses (Chronological, Functional, Combination)
• One size doesn't fit all (Targeting your resume)
• Your resume template • How to handle resume difficulties (Gaps in employment, Short-term employment, Lack of experience)
• Section-by-section resume reviews
Cold Spring Press, 9781593601904, 160pp.
Publication Date: May 6, 2014