The Sacred Art of Forgiveness: Forgiving Ourselves and Others Through God's Grace (Paperback)
Forgiving Ourselves and Others Through God's Grace
Skylight Paths Publishing, 9781594731754, 156pp.
Publication Date: April 1, 2006
Tap into the power of the Divine. Learn how to forgive and be forgiven.
Everyone knows that forgiveness is a virtue and a key to emotional, spiritual and even physical well-being. But learning how to actually forgive or to accept forgiveness, as the case may be is a sacred art few of us have mastered.
It doesn t have to be that way. Writing from personal experience and her broad knowledge of many faith traditions, Marcia Ford offers a new perspective on forgiveness and reconciliation, an approach rooted in the Spirit that can be learned by anyone no matter how deep the hurt. Through real-life examples, penetrating reflections, scriptural references and practical suggestions, Ford outlines the steps that one by one can help you to forgive, including:
- Coming to terms with anger, bitterness and resentment
- Understanding the differences between forgiveness and reconciliation
- Taking the initiative, even when you re the one who's been wronged
- Strategies for listening with the heart in emotionally charged situations
- Knowing when to forgive and forget and when to forgive and take action
- Ways of allowing the power of the Divine to work through you
- Finding compassion for others and for yourself
- and much more