The Goodnight Book for Moms and Little Ones (Hardcover)
Welcome Books, 9781599620848, 223pp.
Publication Date: July 27, 2010
- Literary Excerpts: Ten excerpts relating to sleep, stars, and dreams from beloved children's classics. In Charlotte's Web, Charlotte sings Wilbur to sleep; in Mary Poppins, she glues stars to the sky; and in James and the Giant Peach, James falls asleep in the web hammock under the soft light of a glowworm.
- Tales & Legends: Fourteen stories from Sleeping Beauty and Rip Van Winkle to creation tales of the moon and stars from different cultures.
- Songs: Ten songs and lullabies, including "Dream a Little Dream of Me," "Goodnight" by Lennon and McCartney, and "Hush, Little Baby."
- Poetry: Fourteen poems, including "The Land of Nod" by Robert Louis Stevenson, "Is the Moon Tired?" by Christina Rossetti, and "Afraid of the Dark" by Shel Silverstein.
- Activities: Twenty activities to make bedtime easier (sleep-inducing sachets, clothespin guardian angels, relaxation exercises) and enjoyable (glow-in-the-dark sleep shirt, galactic mobile, hibernating beanbag bear).
- Recipes: Twelve recipes combining sleep-inducing ingredients for dinners and before-bedtime snacks as well as dreamy sweets like Full Moon Cookies, Overnight Surprise Cookies, and Soothing Smoothies.
- Prayers: Ten bedtime prayers from various cultures and faiths.
About the Author
Praise For The Goodnight Book for Moms and Little Ones…
"United around a theme of nightime and sleep, the stories and poems portray a comforting, peaceful world. In case the reading doesn't do the trick, there are also relaxation exercises and recipes for comfort foods. In short, this little volume contains everything you need to insure sweet sleep for grandchildren."
-About.com, Susan Adcox
"[The Goodnight Book for Moms and Little Ones] offers a surprising amount of material perfect for easing the often-difficult transition from day to night...[a] chubby little treasure."
"A priceless collection...a beautiful bedtime sampler of songs, poems, stories, and ideas to help send a little one to sound, refreshing sleep...the perfect gift for new parents everywhere."
-Midwest Book Review
"I highly recommend The Goodnight Book for Moms and Little Ones from
Welcome Books. (It’s great for dads too)...What a wonderful baby gift this book would be for a new mama!"