Chills and Thrills: The Ultimate Anthology of the Mystical, Magical, Eerie, & Uncanny (Paperback)
The Ultimate Anthology of the Mystical, Magical, Eerie, & Uncanny
Welcome Books, 9781599620862, 223pp.
Publication Date: August 31, 2010
- Ghost Stories: Including such classics as "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," "The Monkey's Paw," and "The Judge's House."
- Tales of Magic and Fantasy: From classics by H.G. Wells, Mark Twain, and Mary Shelley.
- Poems: Including Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven," and the Witches' Chant from Shakespeare's "Macbeth."
- Spells: For kids and grown-ups alike to try at home, "Abracadabra"
- Curses: gone unexplained for centuries, discover the truth behind curses such as the Burton Agnes Skull and the Tower of London.
- Superstitions, Legends, and Lore: Helpful advice and history on such mystical items as mirrors and candles, as well as the meaning behind All Hallow's Eve, the Jack-o-Lantern, the Banshee, and the legends of Harry Houdini and Merlin.
- Magic Tricks: Complete with instructional illustrations, perform amazing feats like how to make someone float on air and how to read an invisible message.
- Treats: Guaranteed to bring ghosts, witches, and wizards to the table, recipes include Graveyard Brownies, Eyeball Cookies, and a Witches' Brew.
About the Author
Lena Tabori is the publisher of Welcome Books, and has conceived and edited numerous titles, including "Love: A Celebration in Art and Literature" (STC), "The Big Book for Toddlers," and "The Little Big Book for Moms."
Praise For Chills and Thrills: The Ultimate Anthology of the Mystical, Magical, Eerie, & Uncanny…
“An indispensable guide to all things scary, superstitious and spine-tingling! Overflowing with curses, spells,tales of magic and fantasy, magic tricks and more, Chills and Thrills is a creepy compendium you’ll feel compelled to keep on your bedside or coffee table. Whether you seek a classic poem like Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven or a recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds, it’s included here.”