The Little Big Book of Life: Lessons, Wisdom, Humor, Instructions & Advice (Hardcover)
Lessons, Wisdom, Humor, Instructions & Advice
Welcome Books, 9781599620992, 350pp.
Publication Date: March 29, 2011
The most inspiring of Welcome Books' Little Big Book series, The Little Big Book of Life is bursting with wisdom, humor, advice, poetry, fictional excerpts, songs, essays, commencement speeches, letters, and thoughts on how to value yourself and the things that matter to you most.
Included in this uplifting anthology are:
• 16 short stories and fictional excerpts from authors including J.M. Barrie, Ernest Hemingway, Kurt Vonnegut, Joseph Heller, and William Shakespeare.
• 30 poems from such poets as William Blake, Rudyard Kipling, Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, and e.e. cummings.
• 20 essays and graduation speeches, including everyone from Toni Morrison and Ken Burns to Jodie Foster and Russell Baker.
• 15 letters full of wisdom and advice, including those from Anne Frank, John Steinbeck, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. 12 songs, including James Taylor's "The Secret of Life," and Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World."
• 10 comedy excerpts from such comedians as Woddy Allen, George Carlin, Bill Cosby, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jerry Seinfeld.
• Over 30 quotes & platitudes offering insight and advice on how to live your life.
The perfect gift for graduations, birthdays, or any life-changing event, Life will provide inspiration and guidance to anyone pondering their present or future.
About the Author
Praise For The Little Big Book of Life: Lessons, Wisdom, Humor, Instructions & Advice…
"Life is both humorous and tragic, and it takes a little bit everything to even remotely begin to understand. The Little Big Book of Life is an anthology of random wit, wisdom, fiction, poetry, songs, and much more as Welcome Books puts together a book that presents a grand slew of questions for readers to approach with a lot of thought and idea for life.
The Little Big Book of Life is a fine compilation with a little bit of everything that should find a good place in any general collection."
- Library Bookwatch