Thinking on the Page
A College Student's Guide to Effective Writing
Take Charge of Your Writing--and Dazzle Your Instructors
It can be a challenge to achieve writing excellence, but it doesn't have to be mysterious, and it's definitely not impossible. To present powerful ideas effectively in your college essays, you need to break away from rigid rules and structures and start thinking on the page.
With this book, you'll learn how to actively engage with a text, analyze it, draw informed conclusions, and then make solid claims about what you have observed. Thinking on the Page will also help you:
- Think critically about what you're reading and draw questions and ideas directly from the text
- Approach your essay as a story rather than a formula
- Work through your ideas by graphing, listing, charting, and drawing
- Incorporate relevant outside research
- Edit your final essay and polish it to perfection
Writer's Digest Books, 9781599638690, 328pp.
Publication Date: April 22, 2015