Illustrated Moxibustion Therapy (Hardcover)
A Natural Way of Prevention and Treatment Through Traditional Chinese Medicine
Shanghai Press, 9781602200371, 144pp.
Publication Date: October 2, 2018
List Price: 24.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
In China, moxibustion --the practice of burning Chinese mugwort leaves over a patient's acupoints--is a natural therapy that has been handed down from generation to generation for several thousands of years. This volume details everything readers need to know to get started enjoying the benefits of moxibustion for both health and beauty. Useful as either a handbook for quick reference or as a guide to in-depth study, Illustrated Moxibustion Therapy covers:
- The basic theory of moxibustion
- Essential materials, tools, and methods
- Operative skills and important points
- The ten major health-care acupoints of traditional Chinese medicine and their respective moxibustion methods
- The moxibustion therapies of nearly 100 common diseases, demonstrated by real people and described with illustrated texts
- Daily maintenance suggestions and auxiliary therapies
About the Author
Duan Xuezhong holds a Ph.D. degree of traditional Chinese medicine, is the director and chief physician of the TCM department of Ji'nan Military General Hospital and is a professor of the Second Military Medical University and Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. He has published more than 70 academic papers and 18 works.