The Joy of Keeping a Root Cellar: Canning, Freezing, Drying, Smoking and Preserving the Harvest (Paperback)
Canning, Freezing, Drying, Smoking and Preserving the Harvest
Skyhorse Publishing, 9781602399754, 271pp.
Publication Date: August 10, 2010
List Price: 14.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase
The winning team behind The Joy of Keeping Chickens returns, this time with a complete guide to building and maintaining a root cellar--even if it's just a dark and cool closet. This cheap, easy, energy-saving way will keep the harvest fresh all year long. Here, readers will learn:
- Which fruits and vegetables store best
- How to build a root cellar in the country, suburbs, or city
- How to deal with specific environmental challenges
- Storage techniques ranging from canning to pickling and smoking to drying
- Recipes for everything from tomato sauce to venison jerky