The Joy of Keeping a Root Cellar
Canning, Freezing, Drying, Smoking and Preserving the Harvest
Other Editions of This Title:
- Which fruits and vegetables store best
- How to build a root cellar in the country, suburbs, or city
- How to deal with specific environmental challenges
- Storage techniques ranging from canning to pickling and smoking to drying
- Recipes for everything from tomato sauce to venison jerky
Skyhorse, 9781602399754, 288pp.
Publication Date: August 10, 2010
About the Author
Geoff Hansen is a photographer and editor at the Valley News in Lebanon, New Hampshire. He has published in Newsweek, USA Today, and The New York Times. He lives in Tunbridge, Vermont, with his wife, daughter, and two beagles.