Neck and Internal Organs [With Access Code] (Paperback)
Thieme Medical Publishers, 9781604062885, 371pp.
Publication Date: March 1, 2010
Integrates stunning, full-color anatomy illustrations with must-know clinical concepts on every page
Setting a new standard for the study of anatomy, the THIEME Atlas of Anatomy, with access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, is more than a collection of anatomical images - it is an indispensable resource for anyone who works with the human body.
Praise for the THIEME Atlas of Anatomy: Neck and Internal Organs
"Schematic drawings of muscles show origins and insertions as vector strands that have the effect of delineating different parts of muscles and their functions. Lymphatics are emphasized in all regions and the coverage is excellent." - American Association of Anatomists News
- An innovative, user-friendly format in which each two-page spread presents a self-contained guide to a specific topic
- 950 original, full-color illustrations present anatomical information layer-by-layer, moving from spaces, to organs, to blood vessels, the lymphatic system, and autonomous innervation with unprecedented clarity
- Hundreds of clinical applications emphasize the vital link between anatomical structure and function
- Expertly rendered cross-sections, x-rays, and CT and MRI scans vividly demonstrate clinical anatomy
- Clearly labeled images help the reader easily identify each structure
- Summary tables appear throughout - ideal for rapid review
- A scratch-off code provides access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, featuring over 600 full-color anatomy illustrations and radiographs, "labels-on, labels-off" functionality, and timed self-tests
The THIEME Atlas of Anatomy series also features General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System and Head and Neuroanatomy. Each atlas is available in softcover and hardcover and includes access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS.
Use the Neck and Internal Organs Image Collection to enhance your lectures and presentations; illustrations can be easily imported into presentation software and viewed with or without labeling.
Teaching anatomy? We have the educational e-product you need.
Instructors can use the Thieme Teaching Assistant: Anatomy to download and easily import 2,000+ full-color illustrations to enhance presentations, course materials, and handouts.
Praise For Neck and Internal Organs [With Access Code]…
Just as unique in its organization and presentation as the first [book in the series].. What makes the Atlas of Anatomy: Neck and Internal Organs so unique and facilitative to learning? First, it is much more of an educational tool than the traditional text you may have had in physical therapy anatomy classes. Looking at the number of illustrations (962), along with their clarity and beauty, it is evident why the atlas took eight years to complete. Excellent diagrams... While a reader could select the volume that fits his specialty, once he purchases on volume [of the series] he will most likely want the other two as well. The authors have successfully achieved their goal of producing a comprehensive educational tool in Thieme Atlas of Anatomy: Neck and Internal Organs. There is no reason to doubt that the last volume will rise to the same level of excellence. The authors are to be congratulated on their valuable contribution to both PT and OT literature. This series would be especially helpful to students of physical therapy or occupational theraphy. It would also meet the needs of veteran physical therapists interested in an accurate, in-depth reference.--ADVANCE for Physical Therapists and PT AssistantsProvides an excellent pictorial presentation of the anatomy of the neck and internal organs...very unique views of anatomy...clinically relevant for the clinican...a wonderful asset to the anatomy library.--Doody's Book Reviews