Toolbox for Teachers and Mentors
Moving Madrichim to Mentor Teachers and Beyond
What is in the Toolbox?
- What is a teacher?
- What should I be teaching?
- How do I plan lessons?
- What are teacher-directed models of teaching?
- What are student-engaged models of teaching?
- How do I reach all students?
- How do I manage student behavior
- What are the interpersonal, reflection, and observational skills required of a mentor teacher?
- What is the core knowledge base a mentor needs to have about how one learns to teach?
About the Author
Having collectively spent over seventy years in teaching students and training teachers in the public school arena, Dr. Richard and Elaine Solomon are now focused on improving Jewish education. They have created a seven-stage career development ladder from madrichim to mentor and expert teacher that can transform how Jewish educators are recruited, developed, and supported.
Wheatmark, 9781604942682, 358pp.
Publication Date: September 15, 2009