Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation (Hardcover)
A Reference Guide to Fetal and Neonatal Risk [With Free Web Access]
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 9781608317080, 1728pp.
Publication Date: March 29, 2011
An A-Z listing of drugs by generic name. Each monograph summarizes the known and/or possible effects of the drug on the fetus. It also summarizes the known/possible passage of the drug into the human breast milk.
A careful and exhaustive summarization of the world literature as it relates to drugs in pregnancy and lactation. Each monograph contains six parts:
- Generic US name
- Pharmacologic class
- Risk factor
- Fetal risk summary
- Breast feeding summary
Features for this edition include:
- 1200 commonly prescribed drugs including 105 new drugs
- New mobile application to access the content on the go*
- Cross-referenced combination drugs
- New list of drugs contraindicated during breastfeeding
- New list of drugs contraindicated in pregnancy
- List of drugs known to cause human developmental toxicity
- More summaries at the beginning for pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Brand new trim size 8.5 x 11
- 4-color design
- Consistently formatted throughout
- Companion site includes fully searchable text and updates from the Briggs newsletter
With the ever changing drug information and guidelines, make sure you have the most current edition of Briggs Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation to provide your patients with the best care.