The Best Travel Writing, Volume 10 (Paperback)
True Stories from Around the World
Travelers' Tales Guides, 9781609520878, 344pp.
Publication Date: March 17, 2015
List Price: 19.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
The Best Travel Writing, Volume 10 is the latest in this Travelers' Tales series launched in 2004 to celebrate the world's best travel writing -- from Nobel Prize winners to emerging new writers. The points of view and perspectives are global, and themes encompass high adventure, spiritual growth, romance, hilarity and misadventure, service to humanity, and encounters with exotic cuisines and cultures. Includes winners from the annual Solas Awards for Best Travel Writing. With an Introduction by Don George. In The Best Travel Writing, Volume 10, readers will:
- Hunt for buried silver on a first visit to the Russian homeland
- Rejuvenate 40-something sex appeal on a dance floor in Cuba
- Rediscover the meaning of friendship in a roadside encounter in Namibia
- Fall in love and out again with the many Marcos of Rome
- Comprehend the meaning of forgiveness with a killing fields survivor in Cambodia
- Beat cancer by embracing travel and the world...and much more
About the Author
James O'Reilly, publisher of Travelers' Tales, and Larry Habegger, executive editor, have worked as series editors on more than 125 Travelers' Tales/Solas House titles, winning many awards for excellence. Larry also writes a syndicated newspaper column, "World Travel Watch," which has appeared nationwide since 1985. James and Larry live with their families in the San Francisco Bay Area. Sean O'Reilly is coeditor of many Travelers' Tales books and the author of How to Manage Your DICK: Redirect Sexual Energy and Discover Your More Enlightened, Evolved Self.