Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback)
The Spirit of America: 101 Stories about What Makes Our Country Great
Chicken Soup for the Soul, 9781611599602, 400pp.
Publication Date: June 7, 2016
Other Editions of This Title:
In this collection of 101 stories about the spirit of America and what makes our country great, you’ll read about:
- America’s heroes—service members, military families, veterans, and first responders
- 9/11 fifteen years later—the families, the rescuers, the air traffic controllers who were on duty, the spirit of a united nation in the days that followed
- Our vast and beautiful land—from beaches to mountains, from tropics to desert
- Traditions—from baseball to apple pie to parades to our national parks
- American ingenuity, from the space program to made-in-America to our can-do attitude
- Our generosity and compassion— we are a nation of helping hands
- Our diversity and our proud new citizens
- The red, white, and blue—our flag and what it means to us
About the Author
Lee Woodruff is a bestselling author who, with her husband ABC News anchor Bob Woodruff, founded the Bob Woodruff Foundation to assist injured service members and their families heal from the wounds of war.