Exploring Kyoto, Revised Edition (Paperback)
On Foot in the Ancient Capital
Stone Bridge Press, 9781611720419, 320pp.
Publication Date: April 24, 2018
This revised and updated edition of the Japan travel classic and cultural guide gets you wandering from downtown quarters to remote mountaintop temples and features expanded information on new museums and gardens now open year-round for viewing.
Judith Clancy's expert research weaves a rich narrative of Kyoto's history, local lore, and artistic and religious background to guide you through your journey.
- 31 explorations including 5 mountain routes, 17 World Heritage Sites, Arashiyama, Kiyomizu-dera, Philosopher's Walk, the city's 6 Zen temple complexes, and much more
- Detailed maps tracing each route
- Over 30 descriptive photos
- Tips on etiquette and behavior
- A full index to all sites and attractions