The Healing Power of Meditation: Leading Experts on Buddhism, Psychology, and Medicine Explore the Health Benefits of Contemplative Practice (Paperback)
Leading Experts on Buddhism, Psychology, and Medicine Explore the Health Benefits of Contemplative Practice
Shambhala Publications, 9781611800593, 225pp.
Publication Date: July 9, 2013
- Sogyal Rinpoche and JetsUn Khandro Rinpoche on how meditation unlocks the mind's healing power
- Jon Kabat-Zinn on the benefits of mindfulness in mainstream health care
- Clifford Saron on the Shamatha Project, the most comprehensive study of the effects of meditation ever conducted
- Sara Lazar on what happens to our brain when we meditate
- Erika Rosenberg on how meditation helps us relate better to our emotions
- Dr. Lucio Bizzini, MD, on how Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy is used to treat depression
- Ursula Bates on how mindfulness supports terminally ill patients as they approach the end of their lives
Plus chapters from other innovators who apply meditation in health care and social work: Dr. Edel Maex, MD, Dr. Cathy Blanc, MD, Rosamund Oliver, and Dr. FrEdEric Rosenfeld, MD.