Best Practices for a Healthy Heart: How to Stop Heart Disease Before or After It Starts (Paperback)
How to Stop Heart Disease Before or After It Starts
Experiment, 9781615190478, 367pp.
Publication Date: June 5, 2012
The heart beats more than 2,500,000,000 times over the average life--and, despite great strides in medicine, prevention is still the best way to keep your heart running strong. If you want to help your heart--and especially if you already have a cardiac diagnosis, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or a family history of heart disease--Best Practices for a Healthy Heart is your complete guide to cardio care. For more than twenty years, award-winning, board-certified cardiologist Dr. Sarah Samaan has treated thousands of patients and tirelessly kept pace with the latest research--and now, she condenses her best advice into 7 easy steps on how to:
- Take charge of your "numbers"--your weight, cholesterol, heart rate, and blood pressure
- Make heart-smart choices about food, exercise, and stress
- Work with your doctor to design the right treatment for you
- Tell which supplements and alternative therapies really help
- Avoid vices that will harm your heart--and much more
Put these best practices in action today, and you will decrease your risk of disease and dependence on medication, experience a wealth of positive "side effects" (from a smaller waistline to a happier outlook ), and soon be seven steps nearer to optimal heart health.