The Dog Lover's Guide to Dating (Hardcover)
Using Cold Noses to Find Warm Hearts
Howell Books, 9781620456170, 180pp.
Publication Date: October 24, 2003
Think romance has gone to the dogs? You're right-and it's actually a good thing Studies show you're three times more likely to meet someone if you have a dog with you. So leash up your pooch and get ready to enter the world of meeting, greeting, and falling in love with dog lovers and their dogs in The Dog Lover's Guide to Dating. Combining wit, warmth, and wisdom with lots of practical advice, dog trainer Deborah Wood shows you the techniques of dog experts-as well as the secrets of the American Kennel Club -for finding the right human mate for you. She offers encouragement and inspiration for the romantically challenged dog lover, providing a list of the best and worst date breeds and activities you can do with your dog to meet new friends-and maybe even Mr. or Ms. Right. You'll see how to:
* Find the hot spots where single dog lovers congregate
* Break the ice with conversation starters that are perfect for dog lovers
* Train your dog to fetch a date
* Write a canine-friendly personal ad
* Ensure that your dog and your new love get along
* Spot dog owners who should be avoided
* Use your dog to prolong a date-or end it
Featuring a host of true-life love stories and fun, revealing self-quizzes, The Dog Lover's Guide to Dating will help you find your perfect match.