Home Hints and Timeless Tips (Paperback)
More Than 3,000 Tried-And-Trusted Techniques for Smart Housekeeping, Home Cooking, Beauty and Body Care, Natural Remed
Reader's Digest Association, 9781621452751, 352pp.
Publication Date: January 5, 2016
* Individual store prices may vary.
This versatile guide brings together more than 3000 helpful hints, practical tips and remedies from days gone by and shows you how they can benefit your health, lifestyle, home and garden. All have been researched and tested and more often than not you'll find the ingredients right there in your cupboard.
Did you know you can make wooden platters look like new just by rubbing them with a solution of vinegar? Or that you can get your linen as white as snow by adding a few teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda to the washing powder? That a cold wristband can bring rapid relief to headache-sufferers? Would you like to learn how easy it is to make dried apples, apricots and other fruit without the use of preservatives?
This versatile guide brings together more than 3000 helpful hints, practical tips and remedies from days gone by and shows you how they can benefit your health, lifestyle, home and garden. All have been researched and tested for their practical application in today's world and offer simple, effective alternatives to expensive products and those using toxic chemicals--and more often than not you'll find the ingredients right there in your cupboard.
The book includes:
- Safe, time-honoured remedies to treat or prevent health problems
- Homemade cosmetics and traditional beauty tips to help you look your best
- Clever, environmentally friendly cleaning techniques to keep your home in tip-top condition
- Traditional advice for preparing great-tasting, nutritious food economically in the modern kitchen
- Tried-and-trusted principles of decoration and organization to make your home a welcoming haven
- The proven know-how of generations of gardeners to help you create a flourishing garden that is safe and chemical-free
For each of the six most important areas of life covered in the book, topics are presented in an A-Z format with special features on topics of interest, such as essential home medicines, natural cleaning products, and a season-by-season guide to gardening.
About the Author
Reader's Digest simplifies and enriches consumers' lives by discovering and expertly selecting the most interesting ideas, stories, experiences and products in health, home, family, food, finance and humor. Reader's Digest is available around the world in print; online; via digital download on iPad, mobile apps, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, Sony Reader and Zinio; books and home entertainment products; Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets. For more, visit: www.RD.com, follow Reader's Digest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @ReadersDigest and tag #ReadUp to join the conversation.