Charter Storm (Hardcover)
Waves of Change Sweeping Over Public Education
Greenleaf Book Group Press, 9781626345881, 264pp.
Publication Date: September 18, 2018
Other Editions of This Title:
Clashes over money and ideologies have led to a struggle between the public education establishment and those at the forefront of educational reform. The conflict is being waged in the court of public opinion, as well as in courtrooms throughout the country. While the outcome is impossible to predict, both sides are preparing for a fight of David versus Goliath proportions. Collaboration is critical to the success of both.
In Charter Storm, they use their combined knowledge and research of over 120 individual interviews over five years to teach you about--
- essential insights those new to the charter school movement need for their schools to survive and thrive
- how aggressive educational establishment pushback threatens to sweep away the most vulnerable
- key issues authorizers must know to effectively oversee their organizations
- the overwhelming challenges the educational establishment faces today and how it can effectively navigate the changing local and national educational landscape
- why active participation and support of charter school associations are essential to each charter school and the educational reform movement's long-term success
- what every charter school parent needs to know to create and support an exceptional educational experience for his or her children.