Essential Business Advice from One Generation to the Next
Motivational Press, 9781628654585, 200pp.
Publication Date: September 12, 2017
Imagine what your life would be like if your mother was the CEO of a global company. She could provide the type advice that would propel your career and help you overcome the many stumbling blocks that keep people from fulfilling their full potential at work. That's the idea behind Mom.B.A. Essential Business Advice from One Generation to the Next by Karyn Schoenbart, CEO of The NPD Group, and a highly acclaimed business leader.
Mom.B.A. is an insider's guide to career success, based on Schoenbart's lessons to her daughter Danielle, now an established businesswoman in her own right. Even if you don t have a CEO for a mom, Karyn's lessons on everything from effective first impressions and workplace politics to relationship development, skill building, and priority-setting will take you further than you ever thought possible.
Mom.B.A. is divided into the following information-packed chapters:
- First Impressions: Make Sure They Want to See You Again
- Networking and Relationships: Build a Foundation
- Surviving Your Boss: We All Have to Report to Someone
- Managing and Motivating Others: Step Away from the Desk
- Dealing with Difficult Situations: When the Going Gets Tough, Get Smart
- Skilling Up: Learning What You Need to Succeed
- Global Expertise: More Than Stamps on a Passport
- Leadership: Inspiring Others to Follow You
- The Career Journey: Where to Next?
- The Balancing Act: What It Means To Have It All