Not Your Mama's Crochet (Hardcover)
The Cool and Creative Way to Join the Chain Gang
Wiley, 9781630261405, 258pp.
Publication Date: September 19, 2006
* Individual store prices may vary.
Forget ugly afghans and dainty doilies and think luxurious throws and sumptuous sweaters. You can crochet cool stuff that will make everyone envious--things to spice up your wardrobe and your pad, or gifts to amaze your ""I could never do that"" friends. Choose from nearly thirty projects ranging from elegant to earthy--from a chic shrug to a recycled denim rug and from fun plush toys to sweaters too good for boys.
In hip style, this guide covers:
* All kinds of yarns and materials, and the tools of the trade
* The basic stitches, shaping, finishing techniques, blocking, and more
* Simple projects that give you close-to-instant gratification and more complex ones that take some commitment
* Suggestions for customizing every design and personalizing every project
Intone your creative mantra and get your hooks into a terrific project. With Not Your Mama's Crochet, you won't just make unique, chic items--you'll make a statement.
About the Author
Amy Swenson has come a long way since she crocheted blankets for her dolls. She now markets her own line of original patterns for knitting and crochet, IndiKnits, sold in over 100 shops across North America and on www.indiknits.com. Her designs have been featured in many popular books and online magazines.