Cat Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Fully Revised and Updated
The classic bestseller--expanded and updated
For years, many veterinary treatments for cats were based on research conducted with dogs because it was wrongly assumed that cats were very similar. Recently, there have been giant strides in feline veterinary research. This classic reference is fully updated and revised to reflect these advances and gives you the most up-to-date guidance on cat health and cat care. It includes:
- An index of signs and symptoms to help you find information fast
- Clearly written, step-by-step directions for handling common feline ailments and problems
- Hundreds of photos, drawings, and tables that illustrate what to look for and how to provide the best care for your cats
- All new anatomical drawings and diagrams
- New information on genetics, geriatrics, drug sensitivities, raw diets, arthritis medications, dental disease, and more
- Information on supplements, nutraceuticals, and holistic treatments that have proven beneficial
- Interesting findings on cat behavior
Whether you have a kitten or a senior cat, this resource helps you quickly identify potential problems, take proper steps in emergency situations, better understand diagnoses and treatment options, and communicate more effectively with your veterinarian. This is the hands-on reference you'll trust again and again.
Howell Books, 9781630262969, 660pp.
Publication Date: December 1, 2007