Sally's Candy Addiction
Tasty Truffles, Fudges & Treats for Your Sweet-Tooth Fix (Sally's Baking Addiction)
Oh how sweet it is! If you’re a sugar lover and have always wanted to learn the secret to making homemade taffy, truffles, fudge, marshmallows, and more, then look no further.
Food blogger and baking addict Sally McKenney—author of Sally’s Baking Addiction and Sally’s Cooking Addiction—takes a trip into candy land with the mission to make candy making easy for everyone. Sally gets you started by reviewing the tools, ingredients, and basic knowledge you’ll need to make amazing candy. She then gives fully illustrated, step-by-step recipes for a range of different types of candy, including:
- Classics like Candy Apples and Popcorn Balls
- Chocolate-covered treats like Strawberry Buttercreams and Peanut Butter Buckeyes
- Truffles in flavors such as Nutella and Lemon Cream Pie
- A variety of caramels, toffees, and brittles
- Candied nuts and other sweet treats
- Oh-so-fabulous fudge in Fluffernutter Swirl, Cranberry Pistachio, Cookies ’n’ Cream, and more
Find candy-perfecting tricks and make-ahead tips throughout, plus a whole chapter dedicated to baked desserts that incorporate popular candies, including Whoppers Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brown Butter Caramel Rolo Brownies, and Butterfinger Scotcheroos.
Sally's top tip for making candy? Have fun. It’s candy!
Race Point Publishing, 9781631060311, 192pp.
Publication Date: September 28, 2015
About the Author
Sally McKenney is a professional food photographer, cookbook author, and baker. Her kitchen-tested recipes and thorough step-by-step tutorials on Sally's Baking Addiction website give readers the knowledge and confidence to bake from scratch. Sally has been featured onGood Morning America, HuffPost, Taste of Home, People, and more.