The 50 States Matching Game (Postcard book or pack)
Rock Point, 9781631064531
Publication Date: June 12, 2018
From the wild ponies of Maryland’s Assateague Island to the Arizona birthplace of Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, kids will love learning about the 50 states from coast to coast. From Rock Point’s much-loved 50 States series, The 50 States Matching Game is perfect for toddlers developing new vocabulary, as well as for older kids learning about the history, people, and culture of the United States of America.
Find out which states hold:
- The birthplace of Rosa Parks and the bus boycotts that served as a turning point in the fight for equality.
- The location of Fallingwater, the famous house built by architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
- More than 40 varieties of peaches.
- The home of the world’s most active volcano.
- The birthplace of Sacajawea, guide for Lewis and Clark.
- The place where the first commercially successful typewriter was invented.
- 102 matching cards (51 pairs) covering each of the 50 states plus Washington, DC.
- 9 x 9 learning card that gives a fun fact about the image featured on the state matching card, plus the date and order of statehood.
About the Author
Illustrator Sol Linero lives and works in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Her clients include Scholastic, Oprah magazine, Jamie Oliver magazine and Wired.
Gabrielle Balkan comes from a family of book-loving teachers and is passionate about literacy, education, and good stories—just as her people taught her to be. She's made good on her degree in education by working in children's publishing and related education fields for some 15 years. Gabrielle grew up across from the Indiana State Fair and now lives in Brooklyn.