Celestial Watercolor (Hardcover)
Learn to Paint the Zodiac Constellations and Seasonal Night Skies
Rock Point, 9781631065880, 128pp.
Publication Date: April 2, 2019
Learn how to paint the beautiful night sky throughout the seasons while learning about sun signs and their place in astrology with Celestial Watercolor—complete with an overview of the tools and techniques of watercolor.
This guide to painting the stars also features:
- How to achieve the look of the night sky unique to each season, from the light blue summer night to the deep blue of the winter
- Watercolor wash techniques: wet-into-wet and wet-on-dry painting
- How to paint moons throughout the year, including the 12 moons from the Native American and spiritual traditions
- Adding environmental elements, including trees, mountains, and lakes
- Ideas for night sky painting gifts for baby showers, weddings, birthdays, and other occasions
About the Author
Elise Mahan works as an educator specializing in creating open-ended mixed media art projects for children of all ages. Her painting and process have evolved from her research of astronomy and natural history. She believes that each painting is a chance to draw upon ethereal elements that explore texture and pattern.
D.R. McElroy has a Bachelor of Science in Horticulture and a Master of Science in Environmental Resources. She is the co-author of Celestial Watercolor and has been a professional editor and writer for ten years. She lives in Michigan.