The Zenned Out Guide to Understanding the Wheel of the Year
Your Handbook to Honoring the Eight Seasonal Celebrations
The wheel of the year is made up of eight Sabbats or festivals that occur on or around the same day each year. The eight Sabbats happen during four solar events—the Summer Solstice, Winter Solstice, Spring Equinox, and Fall Equinox—and the midpoints between them, which focus on seasonal changes and farming.
The Zenned Out Guide to Understanding the Wheel of the Year walks you through everything you need to know about these Wiccan holidays. You’ll learn their history, their meanings, and important ways you can honor each celebration. Magnify your spiritual practice and spell work by using the powerful energies surrounding these special days and strengthen your connection to the Earth and the divine.
This complete guide covers the following holidays:
- Yule: December 21–January 1 (Winter Solstice)
- lmbolc: February 1 (also known as Candlemas, it signifies the first signs of Spring)
- Ostara: March 20 (Spring Equinox, the first day of Spring)
- Beltane: April 30–May 1 (a fire ceremony that signifies the midpoint between Spring and Summer)
- Litha: June 21 or 22 (Summer Solstice)
- Lughnasadh: July 31–August 1st (marks the first harvest of the year)
- Mabon: September 21–September 23 (Fall Equinox)
- Samhain: October 31–November 1 (marks the New Year on the wheel of the year)
Rock Point, 9781631067747, 160pp.
Publication Date: November 2, 2021
About the Author
Cassie Uhl is the owner and founder of Zenned Out, a jewelry store brand aimed at normalizing spirituality in the common marketplace. Zenned Out handcrafts jewelry with meaning and provides a community that inspires a mindful and spiritual lifestyle. Cassie grew up with an open-minded, astrology-obsessed grandmother and a father who would take her and her sister star gazing in the wee hours of the night. These experiences shaped Cassie and Zenned Out into what they are today by bringing spirituality and astrology into the forefront. Cassie hopes to give spiritual souls a place to feel at home on the Zenned Out blog and offers handcrafted jewelry with meaningful symbols, powerful gemstones, and mindful quotes to enable people to wear jewelry that aligns with their souls' purpose.