Moon Seattle (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631213274, 280pp.
Publication Date: April 4, 2017
Experience the Life of the City Seattle is a world-class metropolis that hasn't outgrown its youthful exuberance. Take in the creative energy, innovative spirit, and optimism of the city with Moon Seattle. The Moon Seattle travel guidebook features:
- Local author and reporter Allison Williams shares her expert perspective on her adopted city
- Full-color guidebooks with striking and useful photos
- Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with color-coded maps
- Detailed itineraries, all accessible by public transit, as well as day trips outside the city: Best of Seattle (4 Days), Seattle with Kids (3 Days), A Rainy Day in Seattle, Best of Tech, Bainbridge Island, Mt. Rainier
- Guided walks through the liveliest neighborhoods, including Downtown and Pioneer Square, Capitol Hill, and Ballard and suggestions on where to eat, drink, and play nearby
- Strategic advice on the best ways to see iconic sights, including the top places to take in the view, get drinks, or people-watch
- Activities and trip ideas for every traveler, such as exploring Seattle's unique coffee culture, sampling some of the country's best craft beer, listening to live music, visiting beautiful museums, shopping downtown, tasting seafood fresh from the Pacific, and enjoying the city skyline
- Accurate and up-to-date background information on the landscape, history, culture, and arts
- Helpful tools such as detailed tips on where to stay and an easy-to-read foldout map to use on the go, all in a book light enough to fit in your messenger bag
About the Author
Allison Williams received her bachelor's degree in biology and English from Duke University, and studied at Oxford University and an ethnobiology field school in Costa Rica. She worked as a writer and editor in New York City for eight years, including staff positions at Metro daily newspaper and Time Out New York. When the lure of the Northwest became impossible to ignore, she relocated to Seattle and has since realized two lifelong dreams: summiting Mount Rainier and poking sticks into the campfire without being yelled at. Allison earned her MFA in creative writing at the University of Alaska Anchorage, where her fiction thesis won the Jason Wenger Award for Literary Excellence. Her journalistic work has been recognized with awards from the Society of Professional Journalists and a nomination from the City and Regional Magazine Association. As senior editor at Seattle Met magazine, she covers travel and the outdoors by hiking every trail and driving every road she can find on a map.