Moon Seattle (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631213274, 280pp.
Publication Date: April 4, 2017
List Price: 17.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Moon Travel Guides: See the City with a Local
Take in the creative energy, innovative spirit, and optimism of this world-class metropolis with Moon Seattle.
- Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with color-coded maps, or follow a guided neighborhood walk
- See the Sights: Watch the fishmongers sling the catch of the day at Pike Place Market, or grab a pick-me-up at the original Starbucks. Zig zag through the Olympic Sculpture Park, wander through the Seattle Aquarium, admire Northwest art at the Seattle Art Museum, or watch the sunset from Space Needle observation deck
- Get a Taste of the City: Find the best cup of coffee, sample freshly-caught oysters, and indulge in the city's innovative cuisine
- Bars and Nightlife: Lounge at an old-school jazz club, discover the next big indie artist, sample beers at a local microbrewery, or sip craft cocktails in a swanky speakeasy
- Trusted Advice: Local journalist and Emerald City expert Allison Williams shows you her beloved city
- Itineraries and Day Trips: Make the most of your trip with special options for foodies, culture-seekers, families traveling with kids, and more, or explore nearby Bainbridge Island, Mount Rainier National Park, Tacoma, and Bellevue
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps
- Handy Tools: Background information on history and culture, plus an easy-to-read foldout map to use on the go
With Moon Seattle's practical tips and local know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
Road tripping along the coast? Test-drive Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip or Moon Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip. Visiting more of the state? Check out Moon Washington.
About the Author
Allison Williams received her bachelor's degree in biology and English from Duke University, and studied at Oxford University and an ethnobiology field school in Costa Rica. She worked as a writer and editor in New York City for eight years, including staff positions at Metro daily newspaper and Time Out New York. When the lure of the Northwest became impossible to ignore, she relocated to Seattle and has since realized two lifelong dreams: summiting Mount Rainier and poking sticks into the campfire without being yelled at.
Allison earned her MFA in creative writing at the University of Alaska Anchorage, where her fiction thesis won the Jason Wenger Award for Literary Excellence. Her journalistic work has been recognized with awards from the Society of Professional Journalists and a nomination from the City and Regional Magazine Association. As senior editor at Seattle Met magazine, she covers travel and the outdoors by hiking every trail and driving every road she can find on a map.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase