Moon Rome, Florence & Venice (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631213311, 384pp.
Publication Date: April 4, 2017
Moon Travel Guides: Your World Your Way Few places in the world can compete with the beauty and influence of these three extraordinary cities. Experience the best of Italy's art, culture, food, and history with Moon Rome, Florence & Venice. What you'll find in Moon Rome, Florence & Venice
- Curated trip advice for foodies, outdoor adventurers, honeymooners, art lovers, history buffs, and more
- Local perspective from Italy expert and Rome resident Alexei J. Cohen on his adopted home country
- Full color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Strategic itineraries designed for 1-5 days in each city that can be combined for a 2-week vacation
- Suggestions for side trips from each city, including Assisi, Siena, Pisa, and Lucca
- Honest advice on where to stay, how to get around, and where to find the best regional cuisine-from pizza al taglio in Rome to gelato in Florence and fritto misto in Venice
- Timeless attractions and offbeat recreation ideas: Cycle the Villa Borghese or take a cooking class. Rent a kayak and explore the winding canals of Venice, or go horseback riding down an ancient Roman street. Hike to sprawling hilltop views of Florence, meander through historic museums, or catch the Gregorian chants being sung at the Duomo on Sunday mornings. Stroll through Venice's fish markets, spend a few hours in a campo or piazza basking in the afternoon sun, or take a gondola ride to the best spot in town for wine and romance
- Accurate, up-to-date information including background on the landscape, plants and animals, history, and cultural customs of each city
- Handy tools such as an Italian phrasebook and pronunciation guide, tips for traveling with children or as a senior, recommended reading lists, and suggestions for LGBTQ+ travel
With Moon Rome, Florence & Venice's practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way. Craving more of the Mediterranean? Try Moon Croatia & Slovenia. Hopping to the next European city? Try Moon MapGuide Paris or Moon MapGuide London.
About the Author
Alexei J. Cohen was born in New York City and learned the joy of travel at an early age. He got his first passport at 6 months old and spent childhood holidays exploring rural France. He fell in love with Italy by chance, and married an Italian after graduating from Carnegie Mellon University. Today he lives on the outskirts of Rome with his wife and two children, where he writes about Italy and shares his passion with travelers. You can follow him on Twitter (@alexeicohen), or meet him in person at monthly gatherings in Rome to talk about all things Italy and swap experiences with fellow Italophiles.