Moon Dallas & Fort Worth (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631213380, 256pp.
Publication Date: October 10, 2017
Moon Travel Guides: Experience the Life of the City Dallas and Fort Worth are brimming with diverse activities, history, and classic Texan culture. Whether you're looking for honky-tonks, trendy entertainment, or the best chicken-fried steak around, find out what sets "DFW" apart with Moon Dallas & Fort Worth. What You'll Discover in Moon Dallas & Fort Worth
- Local insight from born-and-bred Dallas expert and travel writer Emily Toman
- Full-color, easy-to-use maps and reference photos for navigating independently
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Two-Day Best of Dallas and Fort Worth, Ten Ways to Escape the Texan Sun, and DFW Like a Local
- Focused coverage of notable sights all across Dallas and Fort Worth, the area's best restaurants, nightlife, arts, shopping, and excursions outside the city limits
- Honest advice on finding the right accommodations and the best ways to get around town by car or public transportation
- Activities and ideas for every traveler Catch a show at the House of Blues, learn how to line dance, or risk a ride on a mechanical bull. Tour landmarks of both cities' infamous outlaw history, or grab a bite from one of Dallas' many food trucks after strolling the Nasher Sculpture Center. Escape the heat with a dip in Lake Texoma or a kayak trip down the Trinity River, and find the best margaritas, dancing, and famed Texas steak for a night on the town
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on culture and history, geography, and regional vernacular
About the Author
Emily Toman came of age in the same Dallas neighborhood where her parents met, and today she lives in the same house where her grandparents grew old together. Although a passion for outdoor adventure has carried her from Texas to California to Patagonia, her family's strong connection to Dallas ensures the city will always be "home." After earning her bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Arlington, Emily began her writing career at a small-town Central Texas newspaper. She quickly made her way back to Dallas and became the senior editor of the Advocate, a news and lifestyle magazine dedicated to neighborhood issues. No one knows the dynamics of Dallas like these reporters, who always manage to learn something new about their city. Emily now works as a freelance journalist and a Dallas ISD middle school writing teacher. The rest of the time, she's enjoying happy hour at her favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, exploring the woods around the Trinity River or absorbing the burgeoning literary scene.