Moon North Carolina (Moon Handbooks) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631213427, 504pp.
Publication Date: May 24, 2016
List Price: 21.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
From the Outer Banks to Asheville, discover the cities, waves, woods, and mountains of the Tar Heel State with Moon North Carolina. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries, including scenic drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway, a weekend in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and getaways to Asheville, Raleigh-Durham, or Charlotte
- Strategic advice designed for hikers, beach-goers, foodies, and more
- Unique experiences and can't-miss highlights: Discover the top beaches in the Outer Banks for family fun, water sports, or quiet rest and relaxation. Hike through the tall pines of Appalachia past rushing streams and cascading waterfalls, or admire the antebellum architecture and lush gardens in Wilmington. Explore Asheville's top-notch breweries, world-class restaurants, and vibrant art scene, and sample North Carolina's tastiest, most authentic barbecue
- The best spots for outdoor sports and recreation, including hiking, rafting, golfing, and watching NASCAR races
- Expert tips from North Carolina local Jason Frye
- Honest advice on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from historic inns and beachside B&Bs to budget motels and campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough information including background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
With Moon North Carolina's expert advice, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Focusing on the mountains? Check out Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains. Can't get enough of the beach? Try Moon Coastal Carolinas.
About the Author
Raised deep in the mountains of West Virginia, Jason Frye first fell in love with North Carolina as a kid during family vacations to the Outer Banks. In 2002, he swapped his mountains for sand dunes and his river for an ocean when he moved to Wilmington to pursue a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing. There, his love for North Carolina deepened into a longing to stay, settle, explore, and be a part of the people, culture, and history of the state.
Along with his wife, Lauren, Jason has kayaked the marshes and waterways near his home; hang glided off the Outer Banks; explored the cityscapes of Charlotte, Raleigh, and Winston-Salem; and wandered the woods and wilds around Asheville.
Jason has contributed stories to VisitNC.com, AAA's Go Magazine, Our State magazine, and the Wilmington Star News, where he's a restaurant reviewer. He is also a food blogger for Our State Eats.