Moon Maui: Including Molokai & Lanai (Paperback)
Including Molokai & Lanai
Moon Travel, 9781631213793, 392pp.
Publication Date: October 4, 2016
See Your World, Your Way with Moon Travel Guides With golden shores and reefs teeming with beauty, Maui epitomizes the magic of Hawaii. Immerse yourself in the wonders of the island with Moon Maui.
- Strategic itineraries showcase the best of Maui in an easy-to-navigate format for honeymoons, outdoor adventures, and family vacations
- Curated advice from local author and trailblazer Kyle Ellison, who offers his adventurous, eco-friendly perspective on his home island. Moon Maui is the guide most recommended by locals.
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Snorkel with sea turtles, catch the perfect wave, or go whale-watching. Travel the Road to Hana, or hike and bike through miles of verdant trails. Unwind at a spa, or spend a relaxing day fishing. Visit the island's remarkable historic sites, or attend a traditional luau and sample Polynesian cuisine
- In-depth coverage of Lahaina and West Maui, Central Maui, Kihei and South Maui, Haleakala and Upcountry, East Maui, as well as the nearby islands of Lana'i and Moloka'i
- Current background information on the landscape, culture, and neighborhood history
- Essential insight for travelers on safety, recreation, transportation, and accommodations, as well as suggestions on LGBT+ travel and eco-tourism, all in a book light enough for your beach bag
About the Author
Kyle Ellison began researching the island of Maui when he first moved there at the tender age of five. Back then, the island still had three sugar mills, Wailea didn't exist, and early mornings were punctuated by the sound of bombs falling on Kaho'olawe. The island has changed considerably since then, but Kyle's love of Maui has remained. A Maui resident, surfer, and diver, Kyle has led groups of divers as a divemaster at Molokini, led scuba tours on the island of Lana'i, hosted hundreds of hikers on Maui, and proposed to his wife off the island of Moloka'i while diving with hammerhead sharks. Kyle's son can usually be found splashing in the water at Baldwin Beach. As a freelance writer, Kyle's work has appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle, Travel + Leisure, Maui No Ka 'Oi, Ka'anapali Magazine, AOL Travel, Escape, Journey Viator, Gadling, Afar, and the Huffington Post, and on the Travel Channel. His travels have taken him to 65 countries and 49 U.S. states. He also helped found a nonprofit organization that provides scholarships for students in Cambodia. For more info on Kyle and his travels, visit him at kylethevagabond.com, or on Twitter and Instagram @kylethevagabond.