Moon Ireland (Moon Travel Guides) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631214196, 512pp.
Publication Date: May 9, 2017
Moon Travel Guides: Your World Your Way In its people, legends, and landscapes, Ireland is a living, breathing fairy-tale that ignites the imagination in a way few other places can. Explore the best of The Emerald Isle with Moon Ireland. Moon Ireland features:
- Curated trip advice for culture and history buffs, outdoor adventurers, foodies, honeymooners, and more, whether you're in Ireland for a few days or a few weeks
- Full color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Strategic itineraries for every budget, passion, and timeline, including: The Top 10 Irish Experiences, Sacred Sites and Pilgrimages, Can't-Miss-Castles, Sporting Ireland, Ghosts of Ancient Ireland, and Family Fun
- Firsthand perspective from Ireland expert, and lifelong lover of its culture, Camille DeAngelis
- Focused coverage of Dublin and its surroundings (including Meath, Louth, Wicklow, and Kildare), the Southeast, Cork, Kerry, Clare and Limerick, Galway, the Northwest, and Northern Ireland
- Honest advice on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Unique ideas and can't-miss activities: Visit the Old Library at Trinity College for a look at the world's most famous manuscript, take a breathtaking scenic drive along the Ring of Kerry, or breathe in the misty magnificence of the Cliffs of Moher. Soak up the bohemian spirit of Galway City, view the historic murals of Belfast, or spend a day cycling the Burren in County Clare. Visit a 6th-century monastery, the enchanting Aran Islands, or one of countless picturesque castles. Sample the best traditional cuisine, and head to a pub to order up a pint and experience Ireland's rollicking folk music scene
- Accurate, up-to-date information including background on the country's history, landscape, government, and culture
- Handy tools such as common local expressions, a guide to Irish cuisine and beverages, tips for traveling with children or as a senior, and suggestions for LGBTQ+ travel
About the Author
Camille DeAngelis first traveled to Ireland as a college freshman to co-write Hanging Out in Ireland, a backpackers' guide published by Wylie & Sons in 2001. She graduated from New York University in 2002 with a minor in Irish Studies. After several years of visiting Ireland on vacation and visiting her grandmother's cousins in County Cavan, Camille moved to Galway in 2004 to enroll in the M.A. in Writing program at the National University of Ireland. She lived in Galway on and off until 2009, and goes back to visit as often as she can. Camille enjoys making ten-pointed K-turns on country roads, a hot whiskey at the corner pub, and typing up the day's experiences back at the B&B, and writing weird and spooky fiction. Her most recent novel, Immaculate Heart, is set in Ireland, and her young adult novel, Bones & All, won an Alex Award from YALSA and the American Library Association in 2016. Originally from New Jersey, Camille now lives in Somerville, Massachusetts. Visit her online at www.cometparty.com.